Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A nursing mother's wardrobe.

Boring. Horrible. NOT fashionable.
Those are things that come to mind when I think of my wardrobe while I'm nursing.
I'm going to be real honest here; I lose the "baby weight" really quick and am back in my jeans within two months (it was a week with Penny). I do have a tiny pooch that hangs over my pants while I'm sitting, but that went away around 3 months with Penny. Even though its not huge it still bugs me so I wear shirts and dresses that hide it.

My criteria for nursing friendly clothing :
1. Can easily be pulled down. The other option is to pull your shirt/dress up, but that can expose your stomach (even though I always wear an under-tank), lay on your babe's face, etc. I just prefer to pull my shirt/dress down, it's easier and feels more natural for me.
2. Loose-fitting, but not outrageously baggy to where I look super frumpy.
3. Nothing that I'll be super bummed about if it gets ruined. Your baby will most likely spit-up on you. Both my girls have spit-up, puked, pooped, and peed on me.
4. Layers! One second I'm stripped down to my tank top, the next I need a parka. For whatever reason nursing gives me hot flashes.


The past few weeks I've been seriously depressed about my clothing options.
I spent all my Christmas and birthday money on new clothes that I knew I wouldn't feel good about wearing until I was done nursing, but that's no fun! I want to look somewhat cute instead of looking like a haggard mom with no sense of style whatsoever.

So here you have a couple of my most recent outfits.



Shirt : Ross, maternity
Cardigan : Forever21
Jeans : American Eagle straight leg

Tank top : Ross
Cardigan : Forever21
Jeans : American Rag
My favorite pair of jeans, purchased off a Facebook site.
I could never afford them new. :)


Had to take a picture of this fringe. I felt trendy!  ;)
 This last outfit I'm not too sure about. Maybe it's the jeans. Maybe it's too "frumpy." I couldn't decide tucked or un-tucked.
Dress : thrift store, Old Navy
Sheer cardigan : new with tags at thrift store, H&M
Jeans : American Eagle
They're a strange straight leg because they have a slight flare at the very bottom




Good 'ol "mom hair"
Translation : I don't have time to shower every day.




What are your favorite nursing-friendly outfits?
Any advice for this momma?

No comments:

Post a Comment