Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Feeling Maxed Out? I Have A Challenge For You!

  • A senior in high school, getting mainly A's (with that one C - always in science), also holds a part time job. She has a boyfriend, attends Young Life once a week, and fills her "extra" time with friends.
  • Fresh out of high school, an apartment to pay for, working a full-time job, still dating that same guy, and fills her "extra" time with friends.
  • Young twenties, newly married, working full-time at a high stress job, actively attending church (often two times a week), fills her "extra" time with friends and family.
  • Mid-twenties, still married, stay-at-home momma to two under two, attends and/or organizes play dates, makes a small income from side projects, attends church + small group, and fills her "extra" time with friends and family.
  • Today, in her late twenties, her life looks a lot like the last description.
What do all of these phases of her life have in common?
A gal who has always felt too busy, with little room to spend on self care/love.
Do you relate?
Maybe you are thinking, you want to hear busy? Here's what fills my day up...
And that is totally fine.
My point isn't to compare our "busyness."
My point is to acknowledge that you feel maxed out.
My point is, life is demanding.
Multiple things require your attention and you're pulled in a thousand different directions with no let-up in the foreseeable future.
So, what are you doing about it?
Are you in the mindset of : it is what it is.
Or : I'm ready to take the reigns and feel more in-control.
If you are feeling the latter, this post is definitely for you!


If you're feeling overwhelmed it may be because you're taking on too many responsibilities or it may be because you aren't prioritizing well.
A mentally strong person understands that in order to take care of others they must first take care of themselves.
You might be saying, taking care of myself is adding more to my already full lifestyle, so this isn't going to work for me.
STOP. Pause. Read the next sentence over and over if you have to.
YOU ARE WORTHY!
You are worthy of a life of enjoyment, compassion, meaning, purpose, connection, appreciation, and improvement!
The goal in taking care of yourself is developing a more balanced life.

In the same way that Rome wasn't built in a day, you won't become a master of balancing your life overnight.
But taking small steps and having accountability could be just what you need!
What am I suggesting to get you started?
Partake in a challenge I created for you!
What does this "challenge" entail?
Five daily tasks to encourage a simple positive change that inspire self care/love, that over time will become habit instead of choice. Once these habits form you will most likely find yourself feeling more at peace with all aspects of your life.

Complete these 5 tasks every day for 5 days in a row!
  1. Make your bed.
  2. Drink 1 glass of water before consuming anything else.
  3. List 3 things you're grateful for.
  4. Express thankfulness to one important person in your life.
  5. Look in the mirror and say one thing you like about yourself.
I should put a disclaimer : *I don't claim to have the cure-all to every specific situation.*

If you need me to be your accountability person shoot me a message here, or head to my instagram and message me there! In your message include how best to reach you in order for me to check in with you [email - phone number - Facebook or Instagram messenger - etc.].

Love (yourself included) well,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment