Wednesday, April 27, 2016

4 Ways To Be "Wild" When Married and/or A Parent


Dearest friends, 

How are you? Truly? 
I am coming out of a season of depression. But it was also a season of growing & learning.
And a season of figuring out what's most important to me.
I've been realizing how many different ways life can go. 
As a wife & mom I pride myself in being the source of stability. 
I am the constant. I am who they can always count on.  
I get the mundane daily tasks done. 
But I also don't want to get so caught up in routine that life looses it's fun-factor! 
I just read a quote :: wild wife = wild life.

So here I have written :


Four Ways To Be "Wild" When Married and/or A Parent



1. YOU NEED TO BE A LITTLE SELFISH!
*This is the toughest one for me because I constantly think 
"how will this affect my husband/daughters?"*
Get to know yourself!
What makes you happy?
Take time to meet a friend for coffee/wine/whatever floats your boat.
Go for a drive or run errands - all alone!
Then you can come back refreshed - even if it was just a five minute drive to the gas station to pick up anti-diarrhea meds.
Being a little selfish doesn't mean leaving on a month-long sabbatical to get your head on straight while spending gobs of cash that you don't have to spend. I know we could all use one of those - but don't be that selfish!
Most of the time when you take time for yourself you become a better, happier you.
Happier you = happier people around you.


2. LET LOOSE!
Spilled milk? I'm pretty sure someone somewhere has given a tutorial on how to clean it up.
No need to throw a bigger tantrum than your two-year-old.
Practice being care-free.
Roll with whatever life throws your way.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Daily dance parties!


3. CHANNEL YOUR INNER-CHILD
Again - daily dance parties!
Kids do stuff without caring what people think - you should follow suit.
Quit worrying about being judged.
Let your insecurities fly out the window.
Laugh! Have fun!


4. PURSUE NEW THINGS
Don't be afraid to go on adventures together.
The thought of a whining child, or a complaining spouse are enough to make anyone want to turn around. But I encourage you to push through!
Have an interest in something but it's too expensive? Search Craigslist or Facebook Sell Sites.
Ask friends & family if they have one you can borrow, give you, or chip in for.
A lot of times you just need to vocalize your want in order to receive it.



I hope you all feel a little more confident finding your WILD!


* wildflower * wildcat * wildfire * wildcard *wildebeest


So much love to you,      
                                   Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment