Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reviewing My Sober October

I set a goal and I followed through.
I made it the entire month without a drop of alcohol! 

Giving up alcohol for pregnancy was easy - I had every reason not to drink.
Giving it up "just because" was more difficult than I thought it would be.

We went on vacation to Mammoth & hung out with my sisters. 
While there I wanted to cave and have a glass of wine. 

Zach and I had an evening to ourselves at a local lodge.
The package included a bottle of champagne. 

We went to Wasabi.
It's almost tradition that eating at Wasabi includes sake, beer or wine. 

I went to Canada with a friend.
I wanted a beer with lunch & sake with dinner.

Halloween was last night.
It was a long day with the girlies & I worked - I wanted to end the night with a glass of wine.

There were many weeknights & weekends in-between that alcohol was readily accessible.

Alcohol is a powerful addiction.

While not drinking, I realized how often I used to drink without reason. 
No special occasion, just a difficult day with the girls would lead to a glass of wine - that turned into the whole bottle being emptied. 

So, now that I've completed Sober October what does the future look like?
I'm more conscious of my reasons behind drinking.
My goal is to not just 'drink to drink.'
My goal is to enjoy a glass of wine and 
not feel I have to finish the whole bottle in that sitting.
My goal is to be more health conscious. 
My goal is to be a good example to my girls as to 
what a responsible adult consuming alcohol should be.

New month, new goals!

Happy November!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment