Wednesday, November 30, 2016

For : the stay-at-home parent

Greetings!

I recently saw someone I hadn't seen in a couple years.
He asked how I've been, what I've been up to, what I do for work?
My response : "I'm just a stay-at-home mom."
Instantly, I cringed at my response.
Just. I am not JUST anything.



I am a pirate, a queen,
and a multitude of other characters.

I am an elephant, a bear,
and countless other animals.

I am a toilet bowl cleaner, cook, 
and a doer of many other household chores. 

I am a supporter, a listener, an ouchie kisser, 
and I possess a mishmash of other qualities. 

Today, as I'm planning out Christmas gifts, I am the best bargain hunter and thrift-scorer! 

I need to give myself more credit for what it is I actually do all day. 
And if I know other stay-at-home parents like I think I do, 
you need to give yourself more credit as well! 

Being a stay-at-home parent is not for the meek.
You are an eclectic mix with an extremely broad resumé.

Embrace your multiple identities!



Be the best you can be! 
Do 'work' you're proud of!
Love. Love well!
And remember, you're not just anything...

Wishing you all the best in your parenting journey,
Nicole



HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment