Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Tips & Tricks to Help Your Budget!

Ever since I became a full-time stay-at-home mom I realized how much we waste on the daily.
Finally, I decided to make tons of small conscious decisions and suddenly I noticed big changes in our budget.


10 small things I do that impact our budget in BIG ways!

1. I cut our sponges!
    Exactly how it sounds: I take scissors and cut our dish sponges in 1/2 or 1/4's.
    
2. I keep minimal cleaning supplies!
    I have two spray bottles : 
1-a couple drops of dawn dish soap then fill with warm water. 
2-a couple drops of dawn dish soap, a 1/2 cap of bleach, then fill with warm water. 
    A Dollar Tree toilet bowl cleaner called The Works.
    Bar Keepers Friend for the extra grimy.

3. I keep paper towels out of sight!
    Out of sight, out of mind. It really works for us! We end up using less, so we spend less.

4. I always try the store brand!
    I have one exception, I won't compromise on our toilet paper. 
    I have found for the most part it's the same product you're just paying more for the brand/label. 

5. I meal plan!
    Also, I never go to the grocery store hungry. 

6. I shower every other day!

7. I try not to put makeup on unless I know we're going somewhere!
    Using less make-up = purchasing less often!

8. Laundry :
    I bought a hanging rack and have an outdoor clothes line for the summer months.
    I made my own dryer balls but wasn't satisfied with how they turned out, so I want to buy some
    and see if they make a difference. 

9. I try to only go out for errands once a week.
    I love driving, but I knew we needed to save on gas. 
    I map out my route so I'm not driving back-and-forth across town.

10. I thrift shop first.
     If there is something we need I head to the thrift stores. If I can't find it there then I'll buy new.


Do you have any tips or tricks to share? 

Happy budgeting!
Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment