Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Homebody


Homebody : noun : A person who enjoys the simple pleasures of being at home. 

Home is where I spend 95% of my time. 
Home is my comfort zone.
If I'm going to be a homebody I may as well LOVE every aspect of our home! 




Six of my thoughts when making our house home ::

1) Does it bring joy?
The question I ask about every item that's going into our home.
There is no point in spending money on items that are "trendy" but bring no flick of "oh I love this & it brings a smile to my face!" 

2) Our little loves touch/get into EVERYTHING!
I need to be practical in including style & decor that works for the whole family. 




3) Less is more!
The slightest feeling of having "too much" sends me into a tizzy! 
I crave simplicity! 

4) Mix & match & all that jazz! 
For me, this will be the most difficult aspect of creating our new home. 
How am I going to include bits of each style I love, but keep the flow & not have it look too hodgepodge? 

5) Don't compare. 
I am loving all the Instagram accounts I follow & pull tons of inspiration from. 
I also see how easy it is to be jealous, covet, or feel insecure. 

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." Dr. Seuss

Right now this shelf is a mess, but that's our real life.


6) Stay frugal!
Stick to a budget. 


I hope you found inspiration in this post and can use it while you make your house home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment