Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Third offers a charm?

Hello!

I wanted to share a new update with you all!

The housing market is extremely competitive in Northwest Montana!
Houses in our price range are getting snagged within a few hours of being put on the market. 
We've looked at probably over 20 houses & put in three offers. 

First offer ::
1,000sqft 3 bed, 2 bath - a little outdated - vaulted ceilings - 4 fruit trees - massive back yard - quiet & convenient neighborhood.
The issue :: the previous owner chain-smoked in it for 15 years [vomit]. The second we walked in our eyes and chests were burning. But we saw so much potential we decided to make an offer and hope & pray that all our hard work would get the smoke smell out.
Our offer was refused.

Second offer ::
2,200sqft 3 bed, 1 bath with potential to add 2 bed, 1 bath in basement - move-in ready - perfect layout - convenient neighborhood.
The issue :: it was backed up to the middle school.
Someone offered over asking price & snagged it.

Third offer ::
The second offer happened on Tuesday. I was feeling quite defeated.
Were we ever going to find our home??
Wednesday morning I sat down at the computer.
I prayed, "Okay God, show it to me!"
I clicked "new listings" and it was the only one.
Built in 2005 - ranch style - 1,300sqft 3 bed, 2 bath on a 1/4 acre lot - convenient but on the outskirts of town - huge backyard with an awesome playset.
I recognized the street address, we would be two doors down from some very good friends + a block-ish away from our bestie!
I text Zach immediately and he got ahold of our [amazing, truly amazing] realtor to set up our showing.
The more I looked through the photos I could imagine everything set up.
I kept repeating, "Ooh, momma loves this house way too much."
Penny saw the playset and asked "ooh, that be my slide?"
Then she saw the kid bedroom, "ooh, that be my bed?"
Thursday we were the first of five showings.
I went in with complete peace. Zach paced back-and-forth while thinking things through.
Finally, we sat down at the kitchen bar & made our offer right then & there. 
That evening we received the call that our offer was accepted!!

Things are moving right along!
This Wednesday is the inspection.
I just keep praying that everything checks out perfectly and it'll be smooth-sailing!
Closing date is scheduled for June 15th.

I'm still practicing patience & complete faith in God! 

It's definitely a challenge not going out and buying ALL THE THINGS to fill the house. 
With so much inspiration on Instagram & Pinterest I truly cannot wait to start making it home!

Zach keeps reminding me to not get ahead of myself. 
To wait until we actually have the keys in our possession...
but I'm just so dang EXCITED!!!

Thank you for following along on this journey!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment