Tuesday, June 10, 2014

battling it out with a 10 month old

Just when I think we've hit our groove. We're striding. A few days flow perfectly. 

BAM! Meltdown! This momma is exhausted!!

Yesterday may have been the hardest day I've had with Penelope since staying home with her full-time. 
She acted up from the moment she woke up. 
I think what shocked me most is when we were walking she even whimpered and whined the whole time. She LOVES her walks; it didn't make any sense.

I know she has some teeth coming in, but they've never made her act like this. 


Yesterday was an all day whine, scream, cry, no sleeping, wanting to eat everything but then overate and puked kind of day. 
For the most part Penelope is so calm and easy-going. 
"Off" days really take a toll on me. I blame myself and think what did I do wrong? Did I eat something that upset her tummy? Did I not try hard enough to put her down for her nap and threw off her schedule when I let her play instead?

At one point I had to set her in her crib, walk into the other room, and let us both shed some tears for a couple minutes. 

I also had to set her down and let her scream at me so I could get the laundry and dishes done. 

When I put her in her high chair and gave her the food pouch I thought "finally" and went to sit down and breath. Two seconds, that's all she gave me. Two seconds and she threw the pouch on the floor. I asked if she was done and she got all whiny. I handed her the pouch, she started going to town again, I sat down, pouch on the floor. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.  

It seriously felt like the never-ending day.

Finally Zach text me that some friends had invited us over for dinner.
(Well, THANK YOU Thorney's! Dinner was fantastic but the conversation was even better!!)
I had no time to even think about making anything. 
I strapped Penny in her carseat and we drove, and you know what, that little stinker fell right asleep.
Then at our friends' house she was an angel. Cracking us all up. Being cuter than ever. 
She fell asleep on the drive home and fell asleep in her crib right away when we got home.


6:15am Tuesday June 10th
Penny decided to start the battle over again today.

I weep. 

Lord, please give me the patience to get us through this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment