Sunday, June 22, 2014

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

In just a few short days Zach, Penelope & I are headed to England!
I honestly cannot even believe it's happening!

At the beginning of the year Zach and I had been planning a road trip to California to visit family and friends. Then Zach got informed that our church was taking an event we do (called Skull Church) out of the country for the first time and were headed to England. We decided because Zach would have to use his vacation time to go on this trip that we would expand it by three days and have Penelope and I come so that we could have our family vacation we wanted.

It has been a crazy journey prepping for this 10 day excursion!

Passport for Penny.
My plane ticket.
Rental car with carseat.
Making lists of what to bring for Penny.
Borrowing luggage.
Figuring out food for Penny.
Show got cancelled down south.
World travel adapter kit for phones.
London Pass.
Researching anything and everything that has to do with traveling with a 10.5 month old.
Plans changed again and a Budapest, Hungary show is added.
Change rental car drop off time/place.
Hotel in downtown London.
Try packing light.
Try packing again.
Try packing one more time, have a meltdown, and give up for now.
HAHAHA!

Zach and I have talked about traveling to Europe ever since we first started dating almost nine years ago. I recently found old journals and while reading through I noticed I had written a lot about how I wanted to visit England. Also, if you look at my Pinterest I have pinned a lot of pictures of England. It truly is a dream come true. I am extremely excited that Penelope gets to enjoy this with us.

I do not have much travel experience. I have road tripped as far east as Wisconsin, Arizona to the south, the Pacific Coast to the west, and all states in between. I have been to Canada twice, but it was for a Young Life camp and so I don't even count it as going to Canada as I was at the camp the whole time.

I feel like I've been stuck in this bubble and am so ready to get out and explore the world!

Well, my time to explore way out of my bubble starts on Wednesday!

We will be in England from June 25th - July 5th!
My first Independence Day out of the states...STRANGE!

If you pray, can I please ask for your prayers?
I am praying that ::
Penelope remains her easy, mellow self throughout the entire trip, but especially on the plane rides!
Many would come to the events and receive Christ as their personal Lord & Savior.
Health, positive attitudes & safe travels for the team going.
And truly that it would be an all-around great time for every one involved.

Thank you all so much for your love, support & prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment