Thursday, June 5, 2014

shy comedian

Penelope has had so much character from the minute she was born.
She didn't cry right away, she sort of just looked around. It actually scared me. Then she finally let out a tiny whimper and that was that.
From day one she made tons of faces and was very funny.
Then she became very serious. Taking in conversations. Checking her surroundings.
Now she displays both sides of her personality.
She acts very shy around new people. She'll tilt her head down and then look up with just her eyes to see if you're still looking at her. Sometimes she'll let out a crooked smile. Other times she'll look at me for approval (are they ok mom?!). If Zach or I are holding her and someone comes up she'll throw her head on our chest and nestle in. [It's kind of the sweetest thing in the entire world.]
I love that Penelope already feels protected and safe with her momma and dadda.
The other side of Penny is one that doesn't come out as often, mainly when she's home, but when she lets loose I just want to squeeze her she's so cute! Penelope's a jibber-jabberer! The girl talks and talks. She giggles and lets out deep stomach laughs. She makes all sorts of faces. She constantly looks at me to see if I'm laughing, because she knows she's funny.
We have a shy comedian on our hands.

The other day on one of our walks we saw a horse, Penny tensed up and got extremely shy. I thought it was so funny, poor girl is afraid of animals. She really doesn't know what to think of them.
So when our "new neighbors" came I wasn't sure how she would respond. She saw them the second we exited our front door and started nervously laughing when we started walking toward them.
"Penny, that's a cow. Can you say moo?!" - me
Nervous giggle. - Penny
Moooooo. - Cow
Nervous breath. - Penny
We turned around and walked towards the house.
Sigh, head into my chest. - Penny

I want to treasure this time with Penelope. She is such a character. Learning and growing every day. I want to remember her personality as it is now. I want to look back and see how it's evolved over the years.


This is when she started warming up to the horse!

Horse.

While momma gets ready someone loves to kiss their reflection in the mirror.

The new neighbors and nervous Nelly. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment