Monday, May 26, 2014

A Day To Remember

As I've stated, I grew up in Montana. Hiking in Glacier National Park is a very vivid memory from my earliest days. I've hiked to Avalanche Lake countless times but today was different. Today was Penelope's first time on this trail, and that made it extremely special.
Her first hike will forever be to Avalanche Lake.

Avalanche Gorge

beautiful green

crazy roots

spring buds & waterfalls

We made it the 2+ miles to the lake! YAY!

little creatures roaming the forest
While describing what I saw..."it's like a red cardinal, but blue." I'm going to buy myself a bird book. 
Penny and her meemaw!

beautiful

Well, hello there!

hiking down the muddy trail
another large uprooted tree

cuties

It was a great day hiking with the fam!

Oops! Flash!...still a great pic of a great couple!

Rick & Gaye

so many fallen trees


Happy Memorial Day! 
I am so thankful to live in the land of the free, 
because of the brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment