Friday, May 30, 2014

For My Fellow Foodie's

Foodie : a person with a particular interest in food.
These are some super quick weeknight meals I've done recently.

Spring mix topped with cucumber, avocado, leftover grilled steak, hard boiled egg, sunflower seeds & ranch dressing.


Sometimes you just need Costco's chicken alfredo. I paired it with bread, wine &
I made a delicious salad with strawberries, walnuts, avocado & homemade balsamic/olive oil dressing.
Leftover bbq chicken & cheddar cheese goes on tortilla in microwave for 30seconds. Top with avocado & spinach/salad mix.
Drench with ranch dressing. Devour!
Pan fried asparagus, boxed long grain and wild rice, bread & parsley lemon baked salmon.

I am always interested to know what people eat every day!
Sometimes I get seriously lazy and all I want to eat is frozen pizza for a week.
With our new transition into only one income I am going to really have to buckle down and do a strict meal plan & budget for groceries.
I already somewhat did that. I would write down 8 meals I thought sounded good. Make my shopping list. Then I would go to the store. But then life would happen and we would only end up eating 5 of the meals and food would go to waste.
I need to go through my pantry and freezer and make meals around what we already have.
It's a process that definitely takes time, but I think it will really be worth it to cut costs in this area.

What are your tips & tricks to save money on grocery shopping? 
What are your favorite meals to make? 
What do you eat for breakfast?
What do you eat for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment