Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Recap

Friday:

Penny woke up with crazy hair. I think it made her sad.


She was a crabby monster until noon when I let her eat her Ella's Kitchen pouch all by herself.

After lunch Penelope and I went shopping at a super awesome vintage/antique store and came away with a few treasures for dadda and Uncle Isaac [for his birthday].





Friday night we had some friends over for a bonfire. I didn't take any pictures.

Saturday:

Dadda left us bright and early to go ride his motorbike with the fellas. Around 5pm we headed out to Zach's sister and brother-in-law's for a birthday celebration. They live right on the Swan River; their views are amazing!



As the night winded down the boys pulled out their pipes. As it got even later in the evening we lit and sent off a paper lantern. [Ok, we set off two, but the first one crashed into the river. ;0)]
Happy 30th Birthday Uncle Isaac!



Saturday was also my in-law's 34th wedding Anniversary! I am so incredibly grateful for my in-laws. They are seriously some of the most amazing people, ever.


Sunday:


I made an awesome breakfast. I'm pretty sure I would eat breakfast for every meal if I could. Well, I do love my sushi too, maybe I would switch between breakfast and sushi. Anyway, I pulled inspiration from one of my favorite coffee shops, Coffee Traders. I developed a love for the Traders Taters, they cannot be beat!

So I fried up some potatoes.
 Heated up some black beans and fried onions.
 Fried the eggs.
Cooked the pre-cooked bacon on a skillet & chopped up avocado.
Typically I add shredded cheddar cheese [completely spaced it this time]. Zach adds cheddar, salsa, sour cream, and hot sauce.
If you make these be sure to ENJOY!

We had a pretty chill afternoon. At night I headed over to Zach's brother and sister-in-laws to watch their three kiddos overnight. A super oddity for me! I only offered to take care of them because Jacy's birthday was on Friday and Luke had won tickets to the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, so they wanted to get away for the weekend. Happy Birthday Aunt Jacy! Now after watching four kids at once I completely understand the NEED for date nights and weekend getaways. I love my nieces and nephews, but my goodness, it was a little rough for me. Trying to entertain a three year old while putting your own 9 month old down for bed is not an easy task. But today, as the boys were at school, Evelyn did play very sweetly with Penelope and kept her entertained so I could at least start this blog post. Play dates are important for our little ones. Interacting with other children, even if there is quite an age gap, is important for many reasons.
I am extremely thankful for family that lives close! Couldn't have been a better family-filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment